Blackout Generators and Service offers everything you need for your residential or commercial generator. We provide a full range of generator services, including selling, installing, and servicing. We are an authorized Generac® residential and commercial power dealer, and we are also one of the only companies in the area to sell WindCo generators. Your home or business should be protected by the best, and our team of experts can guarantee you will have the most reliable backup plan when you purchase a standby generator and have our trusted specialists install your system. While most companies will only install your generator, you can count on us to provide any warranty work, regular maintenance, or other generator services that are required.
When deciding how often you should have your generator serviced, consider how often it has run. Generators that run more often require more frequent maintenance. Basic maintenance for all generators include:
● Annual cleaning and leakage inspection
● An oil change for every 50-60 hours of use
● A new oil filter every time the oil is changed
● Annual air filter replacement
● New spark plugs for every 100 hours of use
● Annual checks for battery power levels and to ensure there is no visible corrosion